The Sheboygan County Planning & Conservation Department administers the County's Erosion Control & Stormwater Management Ordinance - Chapter 75. The goals of the ordinance are to reduce soil loss, soil erosion, sediment transport, improve the quality and limit the quantity of stormwater runoff.
If you witness or feel there has been an illicit discharge of pollutants, please call 920-459-3060 during normal business hours, or contact your local law enforcement authority if it is outside of normal business hours. You can also anonymously report spills at Wisconsin DNR Hazardous Spills Hotline 1-800-943-0003.
The purpose of the ordinance includes the following:
- Controlling sediment loss from the site during construction.
- Maintaining pre-development runoff rates for the 2-, 10-, and 100-year storm events after construction.
- Reducing total suspended sediment loads from new development, re-development, and in-fill
- Promote infiltration practices such that the increase in runoff volumes and loss of groundwater recharge
- are to some extent mitigated.
Erosion Control & Stormwater Management Documents
- Does your project need a permit from Sheboygan County?
- Erosion Control and Stormwater Management Permit Application
- Erosion Control Plan Guide
- Stormwater Management Plan Guide